Use current location
In 1975, the Lionel Pires family became partners in Tulare Firestone, Inc., a tire business that had been operating at 362 South “K” Street in Tulare since 1952. Eight years later, they assumed control of the company and have been running it ever since. In 2012 TF tire celebrated their 60th anniversary.
A major event in the history of Tulare Firestone, Inc. occurred on July 9, 1981. At 9:00 am a major fire destroyed the office, warehouse, and retreading plant at the “K” Street location. The fire took three days to completely extinguish. In April of 1982 a new, 8 bay, 12,000 sq. ft. location was opened on the site. This building was later expanded to 17 bays. In December of 2001, a new 25,000 sq. ft. commercial truck facility was added. Today, the “K” Street location covers almost 40,000 sq. ft. in Downtown Tulare.
Expansion outside of Tulare began in 1993 with the opening of a TF Tire facility in Exeter, California. New locations followed in Delano (1998), Corcoran (1999), Tipton (2002), Los Banos (2003), Chowchilla (2007), and Visalia (2012).
Currently, Tulare Firestone, Inc. operates 10 facilities and is one of the largest distributors of tires for agricultural equipment in the Western United States. A fleet of 18 service trucks provide services to farming and trucking operations throughout Central California. Their highly trained team of nearly 100 people are ready to meet customer’s expectations of quality, value and service.
Tulare Firestone, Inc. will continue to offer superior products and services, foster customer and employee loyalty and support local communities through civic activity. These values created 50 years of success and the Pires Family is proud to preserve them. For more information about Tulare Firestone, Inc., contact us.
Los Banos, CA